Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice at Museums Galleries Scotland
Salary £21,311 per annum
12 months fixed term
Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS) is the National Development Body for the Scottish museums sector. We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic team player with a desire to learn and a passion for communications and marketing, to join our Marketing and Communications team and gain a Diploma in Digital Marketing at SCQF level 6.
MGS supports more than 400 museums and galleries, through strategic investment, advice, advocacy, and skills development. Collaboration, integrity, courageousness and a passion for museums shape our approach.
The Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice will learn about the museums sector market and how to engage with Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS)’s stakeholders, particularly through digital channels. You will learn how to work as a team to develop and deliver a marketing strategy and build and maintain a distinct and brand-led online presence.
The Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice will be responsible for supporting our digital communications and marketing activity that will contribute to our work advocating on behalf of the museums sector and sharing the ongoing work of Museums Galleries Scotland.
You will bring enthusiasm and an interest in digital communications channels. Effective communication skills are essential as well as good administrative and organisational skills. Candidates will benefit from having good attention to detail and an ability to multitask. The ability to react to new opportunities and take initiative makes up a large part of the job.
We will give you the opportunity to get on the job experience of creating and supporting marketing campaigns across many forms of digital media whilst making a potentially huge difference to our organisation and museums sector.
This opportunity is open to anyone aged between 16-24 (or up to 29 if you are care experienced or have health barriers that restrict your opportunities for employment).
Preferred: Nat 4 in English or equivalent or equivalent experience
Work experience and skills
- Strong interest in digital communications / marketing
- Ability to demonstrate digital skills relevant to a modern workplace environment
- Interest in museums and the wider heritage and cultural sector
- Strong communication skills including excellent written communication
- Pro-active attitude to learning and development
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Self-motivated, conscientious, positive attitude and self confidence
- Ability to set and work to deadlines
- Organisational/administrative skills, attention to detail
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (or open source equivalents) and a variety of systems
- Workplace or volunteering experience
- Some knowledge of videography and video editing
- Knowledge of marketing within the Arts/Cultural/Heritage sector or other sectors.
How you will work
MGS has a behavioural competency framework which describes how we expect people to go about their work day-to-day. Staff must demonstrate the following skills areas at an appropriate level:
• Works collaboratively
• Communicating with impact
• Respect, inclusion and integrity
• Effective decision-making
• Sector focus
• Drive for results
• Innovation, agility and building capability
In particular this role requires someone who works well in a team, conveys energy and enthusiasm about their work, can communicate confidently and effectively with different audiences, organises and plans work effectively, readily contributes ideas and seeks out opportunities to develop their own skills.
Closing date: Monday 17th May at 9 a.m.
Interviews are due to be held on the week commencing 24th May.
How to Apply
1. Download and complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
2. Submit your application form through our online portal at:
Please note that we can not accept CVs or applications that do not contain the official application form.
Full job information and the application form are available to download at the bottom of this page.
MGS welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is an equal opportunities employer. We hold Living Wage and Investors in People accreditation.
Job specification and application pack
DMMA Application Form
DMMA Job Information Pack